SHORT DESCRIPTION FILEEE
ORGANIZE DOCUMENTS WITH THE FILEEE APPS
We, the team of fileee, want to establish a completely new way of managing your documents and have developed various applications for your electronic devices. fileee will let consumers and smaller enterprises store and organize their documents in digital form atone central spot that is accessible from any place you want. Your personal fileee assistant recognizes any important information contained in the documents and will make possible structuring your documents with tags. Intelligent organization and search options will make it easy to find back any document in the fileee system. fileee allows synchronization of various devices in order to make your documents accessible from any of your registered devices. For further details about the functionalities of fileee visit our website: www.fileee.com
FILEEE AS A PLATFORM FOR COMMUNICATION WITH OUR PARTNERS
With fileee Conversations, a solution for enterprises, we offer a platform for communication within fileee. With this platform you and participating companies can securely and directly communicate through fileee. If you
- either become aware of fileee because you are a costumer or prospect of a company that wants to use fileee for their customer communication
- or if you have downloaded a mobile app of a company as a customer or prospect and the company has used the fileee technology to create their mobile app
you might see the company’s logo in the fileee applications or that fileee has been branded in the company’s colors or you might see something else that reminds you of this company. We call those companies and organizations “partners” and those applications “partner applications”. The terms of service (TOS) are independently provided by us, the fileee GmbH, Windthorststraße 68, 48143 Münster. For the usage of fileee you conclude a contract with us. Notwithstanding the above, it might be that there is a requirement of additional agreements between you and our “partner” for the usage of fileee to communicate with our “partner” concerned.
YOU DECIDE HOW YOU WANT TO USE FILEEE
You decide which functionalities of the fileee applications you want to use:
If you want to use fileee exclusively as an electronic mailbox for communication with one of our “partners” (e.g. to transmit a name change or new contact data to the “partner”, to chat with a “partner”, to change an exemption order with a “partner” or to plan real estate financing with a “partner”), then not all provisions of these GTC are relevant for you. Pay attention to the term “fileee light”, because that is what we call this form of using fileee. Other regulations (e.g. for registration at fileee) do not apply if you only want to use the communication functions of “fileee light”.
“fileee” with registration (fileee account)
If you want to make use all functionalities of fileee, you need an user account at fileee (fileee account). For this you have to register. The functions of “fileee light” are of course also included. After registering, you can use fileee even more extensively and archive and organize your documents via fileee. In addition to the functionalities of “fileee light”, you will receive a central electronic mailbox via which you can communicate centrally with all connected “partners”.
WHO YOU CAN CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
If you have questions about using fileee to communicate with our “partners”, either contact the relevant “partner” directly or use the support forum of fileee; it is available 24 hours a day at www.fileee.com/support/
as well as within the fileee apps. In the support forum of fileee you can also find more information about the additional functionalities after registering for fileee.
§3 CONCLUSION OF THE AGREEMENT AND CONTRACTUAL TEXT
How the contract for the use of fileee is concluded depends on the scope of functions the “customer” wishes to use:
- For the use of the functions of “fileee light”, § 3 para. 1 applies to the conclusion of the contract.
- For the use of the functions of “fileee free”, § 3 para. 2 applies to the conclusion of the contract, whereby some special features must be observed for the conclusion of the contract if the “customer” wishes to use fileee at the suggestion of a “partner” (see para. 2 b.) or if the “customer” in turn wishes to propose the use of fileee for communication to a “partner” (see para. 2 c.).
- For the activation of additional functions with costs (“fileee Premium”) § 3 Para. 3 applies. fileee Premium” is the registration for “fileee free”.
Use of “fileee light”
The “partner” proposes to the “customer” the conclusion of a contract for the use of “fileee light”. To do this, he sends the “customer” an invitation to use “fileee light”. The invitation does not have to be issued personally, but can also be a general invitation, e.g. to visit a website on which the “customer” himself can apply to the “partner” to use the functionalities of “fileee light”.
To start communication with the “partner” via “fileee light”, the “customer” does not have to provide any personal information to fileee. However, the “customer” must accept the present general terms and conditions of fileee. The “customer” can view the general terms and conditions of fileee and save them permanently.
It is also possible that the “partner” in question requires a more extensive agreement with the “customer”. In such a case, “fileee light” can only be used for communication between the “customer” and the “partner” once such a more extensive agreement has been concluded with the “partner”.
Registration for “fileee free”
- In the first step, the “customer” logs on and registers. He enters his e-mail address and assigns a secure password for access to fileee. Access to fileee can also be provided via web portals of other providers; in these cases the “customer” can initially also use his access data for the web portals of these other providers to register with fileee. In any case, the “Customer” must confirm that he/she is aware of the GTC and the data protection regulations before registering. He concludes this process by confirming a button with the corresponding label (e.g. “Create account”). From this moment on, it is no longer possible to correct errors and entries that are relevant for the conclusion of the contract. The contract is concluded. For the sake of clarity, it should be noted that the password and user name can in principle be changed at any time even after the conclusion of the contract. fileee recommends a regular change of the password for data security reasons.
- The “partner” proposes to the “customer” the conclusion of a contract for the use of fileee. To do this, he sends the “customer” an invitation to use “fileee free”. If the customer accepts the invitation, he can register as described under § 3 para. 2 a. above. The invitation does not have to be issued personally, but can also be a general invitation, e.g. to visit a website on which the “customer” himself can apply to the “partner” for the use of the “fileee free” functionalities and register for “fileee free” as described in § 3 paragraph 2 a.
The “customer” would like to propose to a “partner” the use of “fileee free” for communication among themselves. For this purpose, the “customer” can find participating “partners” within fileee and request communication with them. The “customer” can also download a “partner application” (mobile app, web application) from selected “partners” or visit the corresponding website. In order to use “fileee free”, the “customer” must first register as described under § 3 para. 2 2 a. above.
However, it is possible that the “partner” in question requires a more far-reaching agreement with the “customer”. In such a case, the partner application of “fileee free” can only be used for communication between the “customer” and the “partner” after conclusion of such a more extensive agreement with the “partner”.
By the way: Communication with the “partner” is then not only possible via the “partner application”, but also always with the regular fileee applications.
Booking additional functions with costs (“fileee Payed Plans”)
The "Customer" has the possibility, within the profile settings of the "Software", to activate there in detail named subscriptions with additional functions for the own user account or for other user accounts ("Family").
These additional functions are used for a fee. Payment can be made monthly or for a longer period in advance (e.g. annually). Prices and information on possible methods of payment for the use of these additional functions can be found on the website in the “Pricing” section, as well as information on the spatial usage restrictions of the “system”. Some “partners” grant special conditions for the use of these additional functions or even allow free use for “customers” who are also customers of the “partner” concerned – if a “customer” benefits from such special conditions, he will find out at the latest when booking the additional function concerned. The invoice amount due can only be paid by the payment methods listed in the “Software”. Payment methods not listed are not accepted. The “Customer” receives information on the accepted means of payment and the spatial restrictions of use of the “System” prior to the start of the order process. When booking additional functions via in-app purchases and certain “partner applications”, it may be the case that billing takes place directly via the operator of the relevant app store or via the relevant “partner”; the “customer” is informed of this during the ordering process.
The activation is done by clicking on the button “Buy now” or similarly meaningful formulation next to the selected additional function. The “customer” then has the option of correcting input errors by canceling and restarting the order process or via the processing function. Only after a further confirmation the activation takes place directly in the program, and the “customer” can use the functionalities of the additional function.
The user receives a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address stored in the user profile. This confirmation e-mail contains once again the general terms and conditions of fileee applicable for the use as well as an instruction about the consumer’s right of withdrawal (for more details see § 16).
fileee also saves the contract text permanently and sends the “customer” the order data and the general terms and conditions by e-mail at any time upon request.
The “customer” also has the option of purchasing bonus documents, i.e. additional storage space, if he participates in the “analysis improvement” program and allows fileee to analyze individual “data” and save them permanently to improve the automatic document recognition of fileee. The use of the “Analysis Improvement” is absolutely voluntary and not absolutely necessary for the use of fileee. Further information on “Analysis Improvement” can be found here
§ 14 DATA PRIVACY
Any other extensive powers to collect personal data of the “customer” or technical information about used devices of the “customer” will not be affected. fileee is not responsible for the collection of personal data from Google or Apple.
- January 22, 2021, fileee TOS
- March 25 2020, fileee TOS
- June 06 2018, fileee TOS
- August 08 2016: fileee TOS
- March 28 2016: fileee TOS
- July 27 2015: fileee TOS
- March 01 2012: fileee TOS
Münster, 16th March, 2021